Favorite Texas Soda Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
I'm very new to this forum and have not seen much discussion I can engage in so I thought this would be a good idea. Post your favorite Texas soda bottle here! Being from Three Rivers, Texas, my collection mostly consists of 3 Rivers* bottles. However, Three Rivers or not, I'd like to see and learn about some other great Texas soda bottles! Will be posting a favorite soon.

nhpharm

Reaction score
I'll start this off. The "Schultz" closure Solyer bottle from Galveston is probably my favorite. Just a strange looking bottle...dates to roughly 1875. This is one of three styles of bottles that Solyer used.

Attachments

• IMG_2680.jpg
    IMG_2680.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 345

Old Wiltshire

Reaction score
Last edited:

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
NH Pharm: I've been in this hobby over 3 years-- I think over 4-- and, though very active in study of historic American bottle manufacturing processes and utility glass styles, including closures--, I am unfamiliar with that 'Schultz' closure. I'd like to see a separate post, so as to not 'hi-jack' this post, on that bottle and how the closure is set apart from others.

I have only one bottle from Texas, a gift from one of our forum members (TrueDigr) here a few years back. It came from my city in Michigan, went to Texas with him, and he thought it should come back home. It's still on the top shelf of my local bottles display. Thank you again, TrueDigr, if you get a chance to see this.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not familiar with that oddball looking Schultz Closure either. Got more Pics? THANKS, LEON.

Old Wiltshire

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll start this off. The "Schultz" closure Solyer bottle from Galveston is probably my favorite. Just a strange looking bottle...dates to roughly 1875. This is one of three styles of bottles that Solyer used.

Wow, very impressive! Very unique bottle. Thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
-

Hi 3RIVERS,

You may already be aware of this site but if not it is worth a look.
I live outside of the USA but if I need information about a particular US soda or beer bottle this is the first site I check.

http://www.sodasandbeers.com/index.html

One of the useful features of this site is the facility to search by area, the link below is that for Texas.

http://www.sodasandbeers.com/SABFin...try=United+States&Lat=31.2&Long=-100.1&zoom=6

-0-​

Never heard of this before, will check it out! Thanks.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Here is the patent drawing for the Schultz closure (patented by others, but was assigned to and marketed by Schultz).

http://www.sodasandbeers.com/Patents/SABPatent0123920.htm

As far as anyone knows, Solyer was the only bottler who used it, which is why most people are not familiar with it. Carl Schultz was a bottler himself but didn't use it for his own bottling. The bottles are stout but the lips on them are quite dainty so most of them broke off at the square shoulder...and even broken ones are rare. The base of the bottles is heavily embossed with Carl Schultz and the patent date so we know that even though the patent drawing doesn't look exactly like the actual bottle, the closure was the same.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi