Senior Member Bottle Master Spirit Bear's Avatar

1/4 Pint or Gill Milks, embossed, Owosso and Detroit??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_2950.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	179752
    I was unsuccessful at finding a start date for the West Side Dairy Milk & Cream 1/4 pint, or gill, from Owosso, Michigan. Apparently they're still in business. Appears 1920s for this bottle.

Name:	101_2951.jpg 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	179753
    Some of the smallest embossing I've seen on a bottle is present on the Belle Isle East Side Creamery Co. bottle from Detroit, Michigan. Belle Isle and East Side combined in 1918 to form this company. They changed names again by 1928.

Name:	101_2953.jpg 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	179754
    I was hoping someone knew more on these. I couldn't find any completed or sold listings on eBay for either one.

Name:	101_2954.jpg 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	179755
    The Belle Isle Creamery Co. has this weird, almost stipled, texture on half the bottle in a approx. inch-wide ribbon along the side and over 2/3rds of the plate-mould embossing.
    Any idea as to what caused that? See above photo.
    As for the West Side from Owosso, it has two peen-out repaired-mould marks on one side. While of little interest to most, it is still an interesting note to make.

Name:	101_2952.jpg 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	179756
    I am not a dairy collector, but I thought they were good at the price I purchased them for when I was unsuccessful in finding recent auction for one via my mobile device U carry on the go for just such a time.

Anything 'good'?
    Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Joshua chapter 1, verse 9.

Senior Member Bottle Master
    I love the little Gill milks...dug one a while back from Galveston, Texas and was just as pleased with it as some of the real early stuff I dug!

Senior Member Bottle Master Spirit Bear's Avatar
    NHPharm, I'm not sure I've ever seen one before. Usually I just see half-pints, not quarter.

Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Joshua chapter 1, verse 9.