1/4 Pint or Gill Milks, embossed, Owosso and Detroit??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
101_2950.jpg
I was unsuccessful at finding a start date for the West Side Dairy Milk & Cream 1/4 pint, or gill, from Owosso, Michigan. Apparently they're still in business. Appears 1920s for this bottle.
101_2951.jpg
Some of the smallest embossing I've seen on a bottle is present on the Belle Isle East Side Creamery Co. bottle from Detroit, Michigan. Belle Isle and East Side combined in 1918 to form this company. They changed names again by 1928.
101_2953.jpg
I was hoping someone knew more on these. I couldn't find any completed or sold listings on eBay for either one.
101_2954.jpg
The Belle Isle Creamery Co. has this weird, almost stipled, texture on half the bottle in a approx. inch-wide ribbon along the side and over 2/3rds of the plate-mould embossing.
Any idea as to what caused that? See above photo.
As for the West Side from Owosso, it has two peen-out repaired-mould marks on one side. While of little interest to most, it is still an interesting note to make.
101_2952.jpg
I am not a dairy collector, but I thought they were good at the price I purchased them for when I was unsuccessful in finding recent auction for one via my mobile device U carry on the go for just such a time.

Anything 'good'?

nhpharm

Reaction score
I love the little Gill milks...dug one a while back from Galveston, Texas and was just as pleased with it as some of the real early stuff I dug!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora