Dr Mahan Compass Oil - bottle London Ont

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
found this at a flea market over the weekend , hadn't seen one before and don't really know a lot about it . its a small corked bottle and appears to be fairly old .

what little info I was able to find online seemed to indicate it wasn't compass oil but actually some sort of "remedy mixture " which were commonly sold back then

there is a lot of embossing on the front , had trouble photographing it .

reads " MANF,DBY DrMahan's Compassoil Company London Ont " and at top is en embossing of a compass type design

mahan-london.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Cool! I've never seen that one either, but I also don't focus on patent meds too much.

RCO

Reaction score
Cool! I've never seen that one either, but I also don't focus on patent meds too much.

well true I don't focus on these bottles enough to know that much about them , I just picked it up cause I found it interesting and liked the look

tiffany29062810

Reaction score
Has anyone found out any additional information about this bottle? I found one outside on my home while the guys had the road torn up to replace the water mains and drains. It's been buried under the road for God only knows how long. Lol I'm so excited to find more info on the bottle and company. It's got to be old. I found it in Watford, ON, 30min West of London ON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi