Small glass vial with cork

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JALTMAN1103

Reaction score
Found this today under a 1930s tenant house on my property. It looks machine made, but there are no markings on it. Any ideas???
8a950d5a68514b7b6eead2715097241d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RelicRaker

Reaction score
Dug a similar vial earlier this year, but in cobalt and without the cork. It was in some fill with some other vintage bottles and jars (image). Been curious about mine as well.
I hope someone has more info.

botlguy

Reaction score
I consider these to be generic tiny pill vials / bottles but they contained powders and liquid also. Glass makers made and sold them to a variety of users so without labels they are impossible to pin down exactly.
Jim S

JALTMAN1103

Reaction score
I consider these to be generic tiny pill vials / bottles but they contained powders and liquid also. Glass makers made and sold them to a variety of users so without labels they are impossible to pin down exactly.
Jim S
Thanks for the info. Any idea how to date it?

nhpharm

Reaction score
1890-1940 or so. They were used for a long time.

JALTMAN1103

Reaction score
1890-1940 or so. They were used for a long time.
1940s fits with the rest of the bottles I'm finding. Plus, it definitely looks machine made. It's one of the coolest ones I've found here. I wondered if it was used for something small, like nitroglycerin, or something of that sort?

botlguy

Reaction score
The dating thing can be tricky. On some types of ware the size or shape required more archaic methods. Also, some glass manufacturers were slow in changing techniques. Add that some items were made basically the same for many, many years. When we give estimates they are based on general knowledge and are just that, estimates or educated guesses. I was around in the early days of organized bottle collecting and a lot of erroneous information got passed around and some lingers today. It would take too long and bore the tar out of everyone to point all these things out and then it would just be my observations and not necessarily fact.
Jim S

nhpharm

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure how these were made but they are usually seamless. They contained typically little pills (such as Carters Little Liver Pills or homeopathic medicines).

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora