Patio - No Deposit No Return bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
another recent find was a pair of Patio no deposit no return bottles , have to be Canadian as they have French and English on them .

found them at the dump but not a dig find , they were in the re- use building , which I might of mentioned before its like a "free " yard sale where people can leave things , I'm glad whoever found them didn't just throw them in the recycling .

from what I can find on Patio as it started out as a diet cola but that ended and became diet pepsi . however the patio brand remained until the early 70's and they bottled some other flavours like orange and grape , which is what I suspect these were for

but I haven't ever seen a patio no deposit bottle before , which is why I grabbed them when I saw them at the dump .

patioND.jpg

iggyworf

Reaction score
Those are great! I collect Patio's and have one of that style. But mine is not Canadian. They made a 10 oz and a 16 oz American. Mine is 16 oz. They had at least 5 different flavors.

patio one pint embossed.jpg

My other Patio's.

patio 10 oz rally.jpg

more

patio x6.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
both patio's I found are 10 oz , is a few minor differences between US and Canadian one I can spot , no R under patio , says 10 fl oz No deposit No return ( instead of just no return ) , also more embossing on the glass around patio .

I really have no idea how common or uncommon the 2 bottles I found are as I haven't seen them before but don't really collect a lot of no deposit bottles other than ones I happen to find when searching around here

iggyworf

Reaction score
I believe these embossed ones are harder to find than the ACL's. So those are good ones.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I've never seen those before either. Canadian NDNR bottles from smaller brands and Canadian Patio bottles are both fairly uncommon finds, so I imagine that those are not super easy to find. Nice ones!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Cool!...nice finds, especially when they are free! I'm not sure if I've seen them before or not, but I don't have one in my collection.

RCO

Reaction score
Cool!...nice finds, especially when they are free! I'm not sure if I've seen them before or not, but I don't have one in my collection.

i'm pretty sure I haven't seen them before either , but I wouldn't go thru every no deposit bottle I saw at every antique mall I've been to and look thru them in detail .

RCO

Reaction score
I've never seen those before either. Canadian NDNR bottles from smaller brands and Canadian Patio bottles are both fairly uncommon finds, so I imagine that those are not super easy to find. Nice ones!

I was looking thru the no deposit bottles I have stored in the garage and most are pepsi , coca cola and fresca . I also have a Tab , Sprite , 7 up , schweepes , diet pepsi . there is a few others I've seen like Fanta , mountain dew and orange crush but never found yet

patio wasn't even on my radar as a no deposit bottle to watch out for I never knew it existed till I found these 2

Canadacan

Reaction score
I have also seen a Teem, I have a paper label Hires but have not seen it in an embossed version. Coke and Pepsi were the dominators for NDNR... and several sizes/variations.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch