Vernors Bottle, High Shipping?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpharm

Reaction score
Just glancing at their other auctions it looks like their shipping costs are pretty reasonable, so probably an error on the lister's part. That doesn't help the high start bid on the bottle!

botlguy

Reaction score
I am currently buying some cheap but heavy items on eBay. I've found that I have to dicker with many sellers with regard to shipping prices, some cooperate, some don't. Some pad the low selling price by adding to the shipping price. Sometimes eBay's automatic calculator screws up, sometimes the seller puts in too much weight either in error or on purpose. Shipping costs are high no matter how you look at it.
Jim S

troughsc

Reaction score
Hmm, I just clicked on the link and the bottle has a Buy It Now of $24.99 on it with a shipping quote of $8.00+. I wouldn't call that an inflated shipping charge. Could be that the seller saw his error and revised the listing.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I just looked at it again & it still said $28.00 Shipping?

nhpharm

Reaction score
I still get $28 as well. I suspect they have either the weight or more likely the package dimensions wrong in their listing and it is artificially pushing up the shipping cost.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi