Anyone collect modern bottles? Found early Sobe tea from 90s

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mikez

Reaction score
Found a couple of these in the woods behind a small bottling plant. Found a spot where employees took drink breaks. This would have been a new product then, bottled by small independents like the one here. In early 2000s it was sold to Pepsi and went to plastic around '10 I believe.
Will these ever have value?
I really like em. Nice embossed lizards. I like lizards. Too bad tje stick on label wasnt better.
As an aside, I'm newly into the bottling industry myself. Was wondering if it makes sense to stash any cool stuff that comes out for the future.

20171101_144603.jpg20171101_144746.jpg

nhpharm

Reaction score
I don't think there is any market for these right now but someday in the future there may be a "nostalgia" market if they are in pristine condition. Just look at ACL's right now. Hard to predict for sure...but I doubt they will ever be worth enough to set aside for 40 years of speculative hoarding.

Mikez

Reaction score
Pretty much what i thought.
Cool bottles though. Definitely of interest to us who work in this historic 75 year old bottling plant. I think they will be displayed here in the lab. Now I just have to find some older bottles. I'm on the right track. Employees been drinking out there for awhile. Bunch of beer and whiskey bottles mixed in with the products from the plant.

RCO

Reaction score
recall finding one a couple years ago and putting it in a box in garage , guess I though the lizard was neat but I don't collect them but haven't found that many of them when considering the amount of places I've checked looking for bottles the last few years ( I often find modern bottles ) especially when checking parks or road embankments

agree they might become collectable years down the road but were talking like 30 or 40 years maybe so it likely wouldn't be worth storing boxes of them for years but I think it be ok to save 1 or 2

Mikez

Reaction score
Well I sure won't be around in 40 years to make something off it but to me they are cool.
Collectable is what I want it to be, right? Not planning on selling them.

The pre-Pepsi owned period was only a couple years. And then the glass bottles ended by 2010 I think so there won't be many around. At least by modern standards.

Right now it looks like the caps are what's collectible because of the clever sayings inside. I got one intact cap from 3 bottles.

RCO

Reaction score
found the sobe bottle I had stored in the garage , little different than yours , for the Nirvana ? drink , also a Canadian version as it has French and English on it . although lists no Canadian city , only has Norwalk Ct address . has a cap but didn't really say anything inside .

PB020002.jpgPB020003.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow I'd totally forgotten about Sobe. I remember that stuff being everywhere back in the early 2000s. Haven't seen it for sale in years. I'm surprised to hear that it still exists.

Krazey

Reaction score
Beautiful bottle.
Why shove it in a box a the back of the garage? Why not fill it with coloured sand / water or use it as a bud vase and display it? You never know - some mug (sorry, Intelligent Person) might visit and want to buy it.

RCO

Reaction score
found another " sobe lizard " bottle on the weekend , oddly I discovered it deep in a cedar bush near a parking lot I've used many times over the years in a busy park . funny its been there since 2002 according to date but I didn't find it until now , has an expiry date of oct 13 03

its a different version than other 2 posted for " berry energy drink " , honestly don't remember ever drinking Sobe when it was popular

P5060001.jpgP5060002.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
found another " sobe " bottle when out biking along a nearby road , chance encounter somehow I just happened to notice it hiding among some leaves .

for an entirely different product than the other 2 I've found , for " zen blended herbal tea " , glass in good condition but label pretty beaten up from being outdoors for the last 10 or so years , can't find a date on it but its likely been there for a little while .

DSC02043.jpgDSC02045.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora