Anyone collect modern bottles? Found early Sobe tea from 90s

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BottleDragon

Reaction score
They're decently attractive as far as modern bottles go. I used to drink it fairly often in my late teens, but I didn't bother saving any. I'd agree there's some potential collectibility. Given the time period, most bottles were probably recycled or buried deep in landfills.

I have saved a handful of modern bottles (some I later recycled). While it would be nice to hang onto every bottle that *might* become collectible, it's not realistic.

RCO

Reaction score
They're decently attractive as far as modern bottles go. I used to drink it fairly often in my late teens, but I didn't bother saving any. I'd agree there's some potential collectibility. Given the time period, most bottles were probably recycled or buried deep in landfills.

I have saved a handful of modern bottles (some I later recycled). While it would be nice to hang onto every bottle that *might* become collectible, it's not realistic.

I've never drank Sobe , do remember seeing these bottles years ago but never though to purchase one back then

agree with modern bottles its tough to determine what might become collectable at some point , I can think of a few I used to drink years ago that it be neat to have now but the odds of finding one in good condition as most had paper labels is very low

RCO

Reaction score
LOL think RCO found a new sub-hobby :)

I've always found modern bottles , my search methods , I'm always coming across modern bottles , especially in parks or along roads . I've lost count of how many Jones sodas or stewarts pop I've found so far this year . also a lot of modern Pop shoppe as the circle K here seems to be selling it now .

I don't leave them in the wild , take them home and recycle them so they don't get broken but I doubt they'd ever become highly collectable

Screwtop

Reaction score
I started collecting newer glass embossed bottles, and started placing them in little "dumps" in the woods beside my house so I can mark the location and future generations can dig them. Most of my dumps residents are just Budweiser bottles.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Hey I used to drink Sobe back when it first came out. Mostly I liked the coconut flavored one. I wonder if those nice bottles were partly the reason it was so expensive!

RCO

Reaction score
found another Sobe bottle , this one was hiding in some grass in a park . for a flavour I've never heard of before " Cranberry Grapefruit " herbal cocktail .

in much better condition than the last one I found , label mostly full colour with only some damage to the edges from plants and dirt . couldn't find a date on it that made sense but based on condition its been there for at least a few years .

DSC02051.jpgDSC02052.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
found another sobe bottle , different flavour I haven't seen yet , this one for " dragonfruit " , actually in better condition than some of the others I've found , considering its been outdoors for a few years , sort of hidden in some bushes along a roadway

20200427_155908.jpg

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
If they were full unopened it might have value but as is...they are worth whatever someone is willing to pay you. I like the lizard also.

RCO

Reaction score
If they were full unopened it might have value but as is...they are worth whatever someone is willing to pay you. I like the lizard also.

I don't imagine there worth much especially if they've been outdoors since the early 2000's . I just though they were neat , never drank sobe once when it was still being sold in glass bottles

odd I've found 5 sobe bottles in the last few years and every single one has been a different flavour , must of had a large flavour line with much variety

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi