Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member New Bottler
    LOL think RCO found a new sub-hobby

Member New Bottler
    They're decently attractive as far as modern bottles go. I used to drink it fairly often in my late teens, but I didn't bother saving any. I'd agree there's some potential collectibility. Given the time period, most bottles were probably recycled or buried deep in landfills.

I have saved a handful of modern bottles (some I later recycled). While it would be nice to hang onto every bottle that *might* become collectible, it's not realistic.

Senior Member Bottle Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BottleDragon View Post
    They're decently attractive as far as modern bottles go. I used to drink it fairly often in my late teens, but I didn't bother saving any. I'd agree there's some potential collectibility. Given the time period, most bottles were probably recycled or buried deep in landfills.

I have saved a handful of modern bottles (some I later recycled). While it would be nice to hang onto every bottle that *might* become collectible, it's not realistic.
    I've never drank Sobe , do remember seeing these bottles years ago but never though to purchase one back then

agree with modern bottles its tough to determine what might become collectable at some point , I can think of a few I used to drink years ago that it be neat to have now but the odds of finding one in good condition as most had paper labels is very low

Senior Member Bottle Master
    Quote Originally Posted by goaliewb View Post
    LOL think RCO found a new sub-hobby
    I've always found modern bottles , my search methods , I'm always coming across modern bottles , especially in parks or along roads . I've lost count of how many Jones sodas or stewarts pop I've found so far this year . also a lot of modern Pop shoppe as the circle K here seems to be selling it now .

I don't leave them in the wild , take them home and recycle them so they don't get broken but I doubt they'd ever become highly collectable

Senior Member Bottle Master Screwtop's Avatar
    I started collecting newer glass embossed bottles, and started placing them in little "dumps" in the woods beside my house so I can mark the location and future generations can dig them. Most of my dumps residents are just Budweiser bottles.
    In all my perplexity's and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.
    - Robert E. Lee

Senior Member Bottle Finder
    Hey I used to drink Sobe back when it first came out. Mostly I liked the coconut flavored one. I wonder if those nice bottles were partly the reason it was so expensive!