Green half gallon duraglass: any way to know what was in it?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mikez

Reaction score
I know the clear ones are common. I never seen a green one in my short career. No doubt they're common as well and without a label, not collectible.

Nevertheless, it's gorgeous and I can't believe I dug it out 2 feet down under a bunch of diry and rocks and metal and it's spotless but for one small scratch. In fact it looks so good i bet It'd be worth more as pretty curio for a tourist's kitchen than as collectible bottle.

Anyway just curious if it's possible to know what product was in it. I know they used them for coke syrup. Would love to know for sure.
20171104_111738.jpg

Here's the bottom. I believe that's 1951? Any other pertinent information there?
20171104_111818.jpg

sunrunner

Reaction score
it's an Owens glass jug made in 1951 as you can see. it is not collectible , but reusable . make tea in it or lemonade.

Mikez

Reaction score
it's an Owens glass jug made in 1951 as you can see. it is not collectible , but reusable . make tea in it or lemonade.

Define "collectible".
I found it, I liked it, I brought it home. It's currently displayed on top of a fish tank as a object of beauty (gets morning sun). It's also a conversation piece regarding our local history having come from a local farm of the past.
I SO don't care what it's worth on ebay.

It's discouraging to have newbie enthusiasm dampened by the inevitable dismissal of an exciting find as "common" or "not collectible" or worth a dollar.

I have Google. I already got that far. Said so right off.

What I was wondering was if anyone had an educated guess at what was in it.

I've got a backlog of cool bottles I'm dying to get info on but don't bother asking as they're too common

Mikez

Reaction score
20171112_104645.jpg
That's my jug enjoying some morning sunlight with my collection of uncollectible olive jars (or whatever).

I get that every sunny morning. I'll take that over wasting hours dickin around on e friggin bay for $50.00.

Mikez

Reaction score
Sorry Sunrunner seemed like I jumped on you.
I been reading old threads for awhile and that reaction built up.

There was nothing wrong with your response Sunrunner. I just needed an excuse to vent.

I feel much better now. Carry on.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky