7up bottles from Texas

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cool63truck

Reaction score
I also found these bottles in various stages of despair. But they are all from Texas(my collection is only Texas) so I thought I would share. The one on the far right is embossed (seven up ft worth co. inc.) on the bottom.

20f2e5a5ca198ce0040a5d4997818af9.jpg

cd4f383d78698ec0861ea0634d420416.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCO

Reaction score
the embossed ones are fairly hard to find , I don't know how uncommon one from texas would be but in general there fairly hard to find

cool63truck

Reaction score
the embossed ones are fairly hard to find , I don't know how uncommon one from texas would be but in general there fairly hard to find

Good to know, thanks

RCO

Reaction score
Good to know, thanks

I've only ever found 1 embossed bottle in the wild and don't recall ever seeing another for sale in any antique stores or bottle shows since then ( must of been 3 or 4 years ago ) , although I have seen some online or maybe ebay before

cool63truck

Reaction score
I've only ever found 1 embossed bottle in the wild and don't recall ever seeing another for sale in any antique stores or bottle shows since then ( must of been 3 or 4 years ago ) , although I have seen some online or maybe ebay before

I bought a bottle collection from an auction in Grand Prairie so I kept what I wanted and getting rid of what I don’t

RCO

Reaction score
I bought a bottle collection from an auction in Grand Prairie so I kept what I wanted and getting rid of what I don’t

the bottles embossed " 7up " on the neck are from the late 30's and weren't used for very long from what I know , it should also have 8 bubbles on the label instead of 7

cool63truck

Reaction score
the bottles embossed " 7up " on the neck are from the late 30's and weren't used for very long from what I know , it should also have 8 bubbles on the label instead of 7

The label is almost gone but I can tell that there is 3 bubbles closest to the swimsuit lady rather then 2 like on my other bottles

Nactex

Reaction score
It is my understanding that the necks were embossed because they did not have the technology to paint such a small logo on the curved surface.

iggyworf

Reaction score
It is my understanding that the necks were embossed because they did not have the technology to paint such a small logo on the curved surface.

I have also read that about the neck labels in the early yrs. The 8 bubbles are good ones.

bamascavenger

Reaction score
DSCN2444.jpg
Here are several u7p embossed 1935 and Brown Squat from Houston Texas 1946 all 8 bubbled, Squat can be had for the right amount...lol

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi