Senior Member Bottle Master Spirit Bear's Avatar

Universal Pain Killer, Pictorial Label, Pontil Bottle

Well, my laptop died (thus losing the upload-able images), so let's hope these links work:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WR7bZmUQjRprfTA7eTpk-w.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	180285
    Physician's Sure Relief, or Universal Pain Killer, prepared by one A.B. Hart, M.D. C. 1853-1854.

Name:	HBas6UjgVnye3nIGZQpTLg.jpg 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	180286
    A nice pictorial label. Blown into snap-case; held with punty. Unembossed.
    https://www.antique-bottles.net/atta...6&d=1508442489

Name:	8FvnQAK7-M-4FD8xMrzShA.jpg 
Size:	148.8 KB 
ID:	180287
    Original newsprint ad.

Name:	aRSMeSbhW.X5gIDMmwxLiQ.jpg 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	180288
    It's a very small bottle. At top you see it as compared to a modern Bic pen cap.
    Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Joshua chapter 1, verse 9.

Senior Member Bottle Master
    it does look really old and paper label appears really fragile , its surprising the labels manage to survive this long ,
    I don't really collect a lot of paper label bottles although did pick up a little druggist bottle I have been meaning to post to site

Senior Member Bottle Master Spirit Bear's Avatar
    On the contrary, most diggers I know have dug up partially intact labels. Some even seem to fossilise to the glass. The less fortunate ones deteriorate almost as soon as they hit the air and dry, as they had been in a formerly anaerobic burial that preserved them. But in the case of this one, it was likely found in a wall, attic, or crawl-space.
    What I don't understand is why certain parts vanish forever, and others remain unless heavily disturbed. Was it missing glue, broken off before being forgotten, chewed up by some organism...? The world may never know.
    My main interest is paper-label stuff.
    Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Joshua chapter 1, verse 9.