Stream finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mikez

Reaction score
Again, I especially love local and the south acton spring water was bottled 5 miles from where I grew up

sandchip

Reaction score
Man, you need to keep going back following every heavy rain after the water goes back down. No telling what will turn up. I've looked the same creek for 40 years and it still gives up a goody once in a while. Great pics!

Last edited:

Mikez

Reaction score
Man, you need to keep going back following every heavy rain after the water goes back down. No telling what will turn up. I've looked the same creek for 40 years and it still gives up a goody once in a while. Great pics!

Yah, I was able to make one more wading trip before the rain.
The second time I went too far downstream and got out of the zone. Tons of more modern stuff. You can reach the stream with a thrown bottle from a moving car so drunk drivers litter their evidence by the thousands. Luckily that's downstream stream. No Bud bottles in my section.

I have started digging the bank. It's easy digging, shallow and only one layer.
I have a bunch of pics from that part to post seperate, later.

All the bank I've been poking at will be flooded again come spring.I can't wait to see what's exposed when it goes down.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Those are great finds! Especially that pharmacy bottle, coloured pharmacy bottles are not easy to find. I still don't have any. You definitely do not normally find those on the surface in a stream.

Mikez

Reaction score
Those are great finds! Especially that pharmacy bottle, coloured pharmacy bottles are not easy to find. I still don't have any. You definitely do not normally find those on the surface in a stream.

Ive got 3 from there all the same pharmacy. One big two small.

Not to harp on the local aspect, but the site of that pharmacy was about 3 miles from the stream. It was the next stop on the trolley line.
It's also another town i lived in for years.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Nice! Wish I had a spot where I could find local pharmacy bottles like that.

RCO

Reaction score
Again, I especially love local and the south acton spring water was bottled 5 miles from where I grew up

there both nice bottles to have pulled out of a stream , I had wanted to explore some creeks around here but it was way too wet this year , always seemed to be a big rain and they never dried out enough to get into

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu