More from the stream

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mikez

Reaction score
I have quite a few that I have no in situ shots. I've kinda lost track which was dug and which was on the bank and which in the water.
I arranged a few in rough groups to show off.
First, brown local medicines. There was a 3rd Johnson's on left which I cropped out as too scratched up. Johnson's was a well known shop right up the street for years.
I don't know anything about Father Johns but that the bottle is common. Cool bottle, I like it, but too tippy to be displayed standing.

20171119_111151.jpg

coldwater diver

Reaction score
You have found some nice bottles there! Keep digging before the freeze, good luck, keep us posted.
I think by the look of the soil its a much bigger dump. Kevin

Mikez

Reaction score
In random order: a couple cool brokes I couldn't resist bringing home. Large sized Hartshorn Family medicine and condensed coffee from Oriental Tea Company. If you have visited Boston in the past 125 years, you have probably seen the giant steamimg tea pot of Oriental Tea Company. It has been a land mark forever.

20171119_150247.jpg

Mikez

Reaction score
A few of the better looking embossed medicines. Hartshorns are wicked common around here. One of the first I ever found. They turn up at every place old enough.
Interesting to have 3 flavor extracts in such a small area. Maybe that's normal, I'm still learning.
The Burnets look identical but up close they are quite different. One mold was clearly newer and sharper and appears to be manufactured different. Curious what the age range is.

20171119_155921.jpg

kenaifrank

Reaction score
That is so awesome. What a treasure. The only thing better is finding nice nuggets in the riffles of your sluice box when gold mining. As an added note for us "Bottle Hounds", Now that Gold Rush is so popular in the Klondike, all the old bottle dumps are being destroyed. What a pitty.

Fuzzie0711

Reaction score
Nice! I haven't been hunting in ages but I am thinking a walk by my local stream is in order!!

RelicRaker

Reaction score
Very very cool finds! Love the meds & extracts.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu