Dr. Spivey's Asthma Cure in and with original packaging and ad booklet....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

historic-antiques

Reaction score
Hi Andy,

No, mine do not have "asthma cure" or anything embossed on the sides - just what's embossed on the back panel as shown in the image I posted. Seems like you have the rarer bottle. Did you find it in California?

I haven't decided what I eventually want to do with these bottles, but if I end up wanting to sell them in the next couple years, I will inform you. Ideally - as with all my collection of antiques - I'd like to find a museum or in this case, even relatives of Dr. Spivey to donate family heirlooms back to them. But I will let you know. Thanks for your interest!

Paul

andy volkerts

Reaction score
No, I bought out a collector from Ohio a couple years ago, and the Spivey cure was with the bitters bottles that I bought from him. It was a pleasant surprise, as I happen to collect cures as well as bitters and S.F. meds and California sodas
Hi Andy,

No, mine do not have "asthma cure" or anything embossed on the sides - just what's embossed on the back panel as shown in the image I posted. Seems like you have the rarer bottle. Did you find it in California?

I haven't decided what I eventually want to do with these bottles, but if I end up wanting to sell them in the next couple years, I will inform you. Ideally - as with all my collection of antiques - I'd like to find a museum or in this case, even relatives of Dr. Spivey to donate family heirlooms back to them. But I will let you know. Thanks for your interest!

Paul

andy volkerts

Reaction score
My Spivey cure is embossed on one side, Asthma Cure and on the other side Spivey Med co. and on the back Oxford Ohio. it is also green glass not clear and the top is applied. blown in a snap case mold. Giving the bottles to a museum or the heirs is a really nice thing to do. If yu decide to sell one in the future please LMK, via ravolkerts@Hotmail.com Thanks

historic-antiques

Reaction score
OK Andy, thanks for your interest. Yes I shall let you know about my selling plans, now that I'm participating in this forum, it'll be easy. Seems like you have a rarer variant of the Spivey Asthma cure. Didn't know others had bottles from this "Dr.". Wonders of the internet!!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger