Lock City - Sault Ste Marie soda bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
another recent addition I wanted to share was this Lock City beverages bottle from Sault Ste Marie Ontario . don't really know much about it but though it was a neat northern Ontario bottle that I didn't have yet .

book lists it as 1952-1965 and is an older listing for lock city bottling works 1936-1952 so perhaps there is an older version of the same bottle ? or different bottles that use a similar name but from same bottler

back reads " quality product , contents 7 fl ozs - the flavour is shown on the crown "

lockcitybeverages.jpglockcitybeverages1.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
Cool bottle, I got a Hutch from Sault St. Marie. Would be nice if that lock city came from Michigan. LEON.

RCO

Reaction score
Cool bottle, I got a Hutch from Sault St. Marie. Would be nice if that lock city came from Michigan. LEON.

I'm pretty sure they only operated in Sault Ste Marie Ontario , I've never heard of any operating in both Canada and Michigan .

what was the name on the Soo hutch I could check my book and see if its listed in Ontario or if it just bottled in Michigan

hemihampton

Reaction score
The Hutch sez Chas. Farm Soo Michigan. LEON.

RCO

Reaction score
also I don't think I've ever seen a hutch from Sault Ste Marie Ontario before although looking at the dates when some of the bottlers operated there , it seems like there would be some but must not be that common

hemihampton

Reaction score
Here's a Pic of the 2 different ones I have. LEON.2SooHutches.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
happened to see another Soo bottle , was down south at an antique mall and to my surprise they had a soo Michigan bottle , it traveled a long way to get here . I didn't buy it as I wasn't familiar enough with it to know if its common or not ? but figured I'd take a picture of it as it was interesting

its the aqua one " Soo Bottling Works " 7 oz Soo Mich , ( made by Root )

the clear one I saw when doing a google image search , it appears same company also had an embossed art deco style bottle , it has Soo in big letters

20171126_103335.jpgsoo-bottlingworksMI.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac