Bottle finds while brick hunting

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

saladsack

Reaction score
I collect bricks, but often find bottles while searching. These are all of the ones I thought were special. Does anyone know what year the blue ball mason jar is from? The bottles are interesting, but not really my thing. I only keep one if it looks really good.
c6e0fcbd696518fc9dd29c5435bcc78f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikez

Reaction score
Funny, I dig out bricks all the time. Never thought of them as collectable.
We have some old ones around here. Some really old houses have bricks.

Nice sodas. I wish I could find more with intact paint.

Don't know the mason but someone here will.
If not google it. Masons are easy to date once you get the chart on the various versions.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Yeah, Bricks!! I have found so many busted broken bottles by bricks in the same hole that I hate bricks!! But they are kinda cool though, especially the ones with factory names on em. There used to be a guy on here yrs ago that also collected bricks, don't know where he went, we have lost so many collectors it isn't funny!

botlguy

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. First, the BALL PERFECT MASON jar was made circa 1920 - 40, difficult to pin it down closer without examining it closer. As for bricks, I accumulate lettered ones for garden pathway decoration wherever I can find them. Our Spirit Bear is more serious about bricks but I'm pretty sure he's not the one Andy is referring to. Good luck and please come back.
Jim S

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
On the contrary, Jim, I've added only a handful of bricks this year-- Only two that I didn't already have. The last one I got was from a friend, but he just died a few weeks ago.
I'd like to see some of the bricks this user has found.

saladsack

Reaction score
On the contrary, Jim, I've added only a handful of bricks this year-- Only two that I didn't already have. The last one I got was from a friend, but he just died a few weeks ago.
I'd like to see some of the bricks this user has found.

Hi. Thanks everyone for all the help. I collect ohio bricks and some from surrounding states, and also focus on NATCO, the national fireproofing corporation, products. Most of my collection is on my website, ohiobricks.com.

saladsack

Reaction score
I had long wondered what those bricks with hollow columns in them were for. Now I know. Thanks. :)

The conduits? They are very interesting. Fairly rare finds because they are more delicate than regular bricks, not nearly as delicate as bottles though.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Yes, I've never found one fully intact. I just never found them in their proper context and never asked, so I wasn't sure what they were for.

foxfirerodandgun

Reaction score
If you could provide a close up clear images of the aqua colored Ball logos I can give you a specific date range of production of that particular logo. They range from 1900 to roughly the late 1940's.

James

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger