Colourful Labeled 'Indian' Pictorial Tonic

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
101_3012.jpg
Though it's a bit on the new side for me (c. 1921), the teal-coloured label with the Native American gathering roots/bark was most visually appealing.
101_3014.jpg
I was unsure of the mark on the bottom. It doesn't appear to be an Illinois-Pacific Glass Co. mark, though the mark is very similar, and I don't know of any other glasshouses that used an isosceles triangle like this with embossing in its centre, so I cannot further date it with any certainty.
101_3013.jpg
Though the company (Celro-Kola Co) that made the product had been a major producer in Oregon since the early 1900s, I could not find this product (Bark-Root Tonic) on Google Books/Newspapers before the year 1921. It was marketed until at least 1925, though I did not look to see when it disappeared from the records.
101_3030.jpg
As you can see in the above image, I've now run out of space in my cabinet for labeled bottles.

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's a great label! And from Oregon too! I don't often see many bottles from Oregon and I'm not sure I can remember ever seeing any patent meds from there.

nhpharm

Reaction score
The photo isn't real clear but could this be the newer Whitall Tatum mark?

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Canadian Bottles, surprisingly, Oregon stuff is fairly common over here. It's the other states out that way that I never see (other than California, Idaho, and Montana).

nhpharm, I'm afraid not. They used an equilateral triangle, whereas this is an isosceles. The mark on mine is otherwise illegible.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
nice display of labeled bottles and boxes, I am especially fond of that Circus liniment box, does it say cure perhaps as in sprains.....Andy

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Andy, I'm afraid not. It's too new for that. Likely post-WW1. I don't usually pick up machine-made bottles, but I really liked this one for a few reasons.
n9408xyqm4qWkSyYUFxjbg.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beth 264