Some new digs

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Digging Up Bottles

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It's been a long time (over three years) since I've gone out bottle digging but I was finally able to dig the old dump this past weekend. I've been in this spot for nearly 7 years, and most of the items have been 1930-50s; however, I've gotten into an older, TOC layer. Only thing is that this layer appears to have been clay-capped cause the dirt is super packed and dense, which makes finding whole bottles a struggle. Despite this and not digging for 3+ years, I did manage to get some stuff (mostly broken...and I think it was on purpose since they were all broken in the same place, but oh well):

- A few busted George Brehm and Son Brewing Co. Baltimore County, MD (one is 98% there with part of the top broken off)
- Christien Moerlein Brewing Co. Cincinnati, Ohio (neck broken off)
- Robert Porter Brewing Co. Alexandria, VA (neck broken off..TIVOLI plant manufactured)
- Carter's Ink
- Fletcher's Castoria
- Two very nice (and whole) To-Ko Co. bottles from Hagerstown, MD
- Miscellaneous pieces of pottery and chinaware

I'm very interested in researching the To-Ko Company. I've never heard of them and can't really find much except a few financial reports thanks to Google Books. Also, I got a weird base to a bottle...it looked like a torpedo-style but it has a dimple on the bottom and says 'EHE Co.' with a '5' above and a '114' below. Any info on these would be greatly appreciated! Pics are below! Thanks for looking!

IMG_3138.jpg
Action shot of one of the George Brehm bottles coming out

IMG_3139.jpg
To-Ko Co. bottle fresh out of the dirt

IMG_3140.jpg
Embossing on one of the George Brehm and Son bottles

IMG_3141.jpg
Hard to see, but this is the Christien Moerlein bottle embossing

IMG_3143.jpg
Two To-Ko Co. bottles (different variants too!)

IMG_3144.jpg
Close-up of the To-Ko embossing

IMG_3147.jpg
The 'EHE Co.' base

IMG_3146.jpg
Also hard to see, but this is the Robert Porter 'TIVOLI' bottle embossing

Last edited:

hemihampton

Reaction score
Strange Coincedence, We just dug up a broken Robert Porter Tivoli bottle like that Yesterday here in Detroit. LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis