The Wishing Well.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Looks like it was just the perfect size. Seems you have no snow, either? Though right now we have a very strong wind.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
cool pics even small. that was some dig I bet. I wish yu could have gotten the bottles yu were hoping to find. I have found over the years digging is a LOTTA HARD WORK for not a lot of payback. except when yu are really lucky and get a good hole. about one in thirty it seems

hemihampton

Reaction score
The other diggers were ready to call it done & a Dud but I kept probing it & hitting bottles. I couldn't leave a unfinished hole because I'd always be wondering could there of been something good just waiting for me/us just a inch or foot farther? And what if, what if we did dig it out until the bottom, you never what's waiting for you at the bottom until you get there, Could be a killer bottle or a big fat nothing? LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Went back today to finish the hole. Only about 3 feet was left to the bottom so we dug that last 3 feet today. Winter Moved in during the week & was a very cold 29-31 degrees. The Wishing Well finally produced something worth while. Probably did better in this last 3 feet then the first 12 feet above it. But not by much. We dug 2 cool Cobalt Blue Hutch's. One the common G. Norris but the more colorful very dark Bluish Purple. Then we dug a rarer Killer Guyette Cobalt Blue Hutch. First time we dug this Variation. Then we dug 2 nice A. Wegener Quart Blobs. That's about it. We then stuck & fork in it & called it done. Pics of me holding Guyette Cobalt Blue Hutch in bottom of well, about 15 feet down. LEON. P1000079 - Copy.jpgP1000079.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
Pic of Eric after removing Cobalt Blue Norris Hutch from it's 120 years resting at bottom of well. LEON.P1000074 - Copy.jpgP1000074.jpg

adam.w.brymer

Reaction score
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing. You may want to try and send a text to your email address. Doing this normally shrinks the file size and maintains decent clarity of cell phone pictures.
Adam

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi