2017 Finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sandchip

Reaction score
I know that I ask a lot of you, but I'd like to see those too if you have the time. I love good broke stuff as much as the whole bottles. The level of the items you find is amazing, like stuff you'd see in auctions. Stuff I dream, and daydream, about!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Absolutely astonishingly beautiful finds. Makes me sad that I was born with a fear of diving underwater...LOL So glad that these were found and are being proudly displayed. Thanks for sharing them with us !!
I'm the same, I'm torn between really liking the idea of diving and also having a deep fear of the murky depths. But this thread is making me seriously consider facing my fears one of these days. These are some of the best finds I've ever seen posted on here and they're all from one year!

nhpharm

Reaction score
In insulator collecting that damage doesn't have the impact it has in bottles...

coldwater diver

Reaction score
I'm the same, I'm torn between really liking the idea of diving and also having a deep fear of the murky depths. But this thread is making me seriously consider facing my fears one of these days. These are some of the best finds I've ever seen posted on here and they're all from one year!

all except the Farley inks and flag flask. As far as murky I often go in winter spring n fall. The plankton and weeds and bacteria die down or off. Less boaters and fisherpersons, and lobsterpersons (like the pc there). If not for finding its great exercise it can be cold at first. The equipment is the most important consideration next to safety. Have a good dive plan and dont go alone.

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Sandchip I will when I am stuck inside during a Noreaster post a Heartbreak thread for you. I am sure Georgia has some great things waiting to be found underwater.

NH I have noticed that the insulators have more leeway why is that?

nhpharm

Reaction score
I think it is a matter of what insulators were used for (susceptible to damage for sure) and simple supply and demand. Nearly all threadless insulators are rare, so the market more easily absorbs damaged examples. A lot of stoneware is this way as well.

sandchip

Reaction score
...I am sure Georgia has some great things waiting to be found underwater.../QUOTE]

Yes, we do, but the respective governments here and in Florida put a stop to that, and they will come down hard on divers. Activist archaeologists convinced legislators that everything in state waterways are in their original context and should be left alone. Hell, there's nothing in the rivers around here in the same place it was yesterday, much less 150 or 5000 years ago!

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Well the old CWD would have gotten all riled up about that bogus law. Have they outlawed diving? Have they outlawed cleaning the bottoms of the water bodies of debris?If not I would be doing as much cleaning of our waterbodies in Georgia for the children and for a healthy environment. Who could argue with that? Make sure you leave anything of importance at the waters edge.

sandchip

Reaction score
Yeah, it really sucks. The game wardens do the enforcing and they are pretty damned sharp. Also, the law is written that if you are found in possession of anything over 50 years old while on state waterways, it's considered that it was obtained illegally. I don't know what happened to being innocent until found guilty in a court of law.

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Nice finds Deep Sea Dan, the Anodyne is a work of art. Do you dive year round or is everything frozen?

Hey C-WD, I dive year-round. Hoping to get out Christmas week. We're pretty much restricted to rivers, but those are our favorite haunts anyway. How about you?

DSD

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu