William R Warner Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

foxfirerodandgun

Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea as to what this bottle originally contained and as to the era of production? - Thanks - James 20171213_081529.jpg20171213_081543.jpg20171213_081609.jpg

Harry Pristis

Reaction score

Wm. R. Warner made a number of OTC medicines. This Warner, IIRC, is not closely related to the Warner of Safe Cure renown..

Attachments

• warnercobaltpair.jpg
    warnercobaltpair.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 235

foxfirerodandgun

Reaction score
I wonder if my bottle originally contained liquid medicine, or possibly pills? - Thanks - James

sandchip

Reaction score
I would guess pills. Here's mine. He sure got around.

warner.jpg warner1.jpg

coldwater diver

Reaction score
As a businessman one of the things I marvel at in this hobby is most of what we find and collect was someones livelihood put up in a vessel of glass, metal, or ceramic. Embossed, debossed, etched, or labeled with their name, address, and the item being sold. Then as now they most likely worked tirelessly, blood, sweat, and tears to make it work. Many fail. In this case Warner made it to merge with Lambert and recently to merge again with Pfizer and is still in business.

sandchip

Reaction score
Profound words, CWD. It also fascinates me that the bottles produced by the most successful proprietors are among the most common and affordable (unless blown in a rare color), while the proprietors that, from all indications, failed in their ventures produced the rarest, most sought after, and subsequently the most valuable bottles out there. I often wonder what they would think if they could see the containers in which they packaged their products trading hands for thousands, and often, tens of thousands of dollars. Many may have lost everything they had marketing their products and suffered in poverty after failing. It's a shame that they couldn't somehow enjoy some of the bounty reaped in modern times by these throwaway containers of all things.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi