unusual local " Kist " advertising poster

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
saw this when I was searching around ebay for local items , an odd poster came up .

its for Kist and says they were having a theatre party at a theatre downtown ( which is still there and barely changed since the 60's) but it was clearly for Kist , as you needed 6 bottle caps to get in and giving away free Kist , its also sponsored by a local bottler ( Cormacks beverages ) who I didn' t know bottled Kist but I was aware they had an operation in Huntsville at some point

I really don't collect posters but never seen anything similar , too bad there is tape marks all around it and asking price seems rather insane , especially in American dollars

theatreparty.jpg

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/KIST-soda-1...971080?hash=item5b4115ca88:g:MEwAAOSwYwJaGkN4

RCO

Reaction score
KIST soda 1960s store display sign poster Huntsville ONT KIDS Theater Party

$125.00

This item originally came in a 1950s-1960s sales book kept by a soda salesman in Canada. There were over 125 items in the sales portfolio, many of the smaller items having old tape stains on them. All items were paper and some are in French and others in English. Most items relate to KIST soda but a small number of others relate to Squirt or others.<p>

ITEM FOR SALE IN THIS LISTING---thin sturdy cardboard sign for US/English market, 1 sided, NOTE--may have tape stains, fold lines, hole punches, or archival tape on back for support--SEE PHOTOS......for a theater in Huntsville ONT Canada

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/KIST-soda-1...971080?hash=item5b4115ca88:g:MEwAAOSwYwJaGkN4

( he has a number of Kist items for sale , apparently all came from a soda salesman's portfolio , seems sort of odd how a poster from a small town like Huntsville ended up in there but it definitely appears genuine )

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Huh, it's an interesting item but 125 definitely seems way too steep for it. You could get a nice porcelain sign for that price that would make a much nicer display item. The price might be reasonable if it was a few decades older. Maybe it'll be relisted for a cheaper price later.

RCO

Reaction score
Huh, it's an interesting item but 125 definitely seems way too steep for it. You could get a nice porcelain sign for that price that would make a much nicer display item. The price might be reasonable if it was a few decades older. Maybe it'll be relisted for a cheaper price later.

I checked the sold items for Kist and it doesn't appear the seller has sold any of these advertisements yet . his prices do seem a little high for cardboard type signs

whats interesting about it as it helps to explain the Cormack Beverages operations better , I've known about there being a building in Huntsville used by Cormacks in the late 60's era . although unsure what they did there , if it was for bottling or warehouse/storage space but they definitely had a presence in Huntsville not just Parry Sound .

the only bottle they used that actually says Cormacks on it appears to be a ginger ale bottle and its not that common for some reason , I've only ever found one and it was broken and when considering the amount of places I've checked in this area that is a really low number

but if they were also bottling major brands like Kist that might help explain why there ginger ale bottles aren't that common , it may of not been there best seller and they focused more effort selling Kist in the area ( as I've definitely found a lot of Kist bottles here )

RCO

Reaction score
a kist bottle I found locally that seems to match the ad and a cormacks ginger ale bottle , they only seem to say Parry Sound on the back , don't know if a bottle that says Huntsville exists or not ?

kistSM.jpgcormacksgingerale.jpgcormacksgingerale1.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora