Hutches and Squats

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RelicRaker

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Bought these from an excavation crew...
Left to Right:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]J. McLaughlin aqua squat soda [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Otto Jacobi emerald squat soda [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Unique Bottling Co, 643 Pierce St., (Hutch)
Thos. Clement, Philadelphia, (Hutch)
Foreground:
Schenck's Pulmonic Syrup, Phila, 8-sided

Assorted bottles.jpg[/FONT]

RCO

Reaction score
there nice bottles and its good that they had the foresight to save the bottles from certain destruction or either being buried again forever

I never really hear of bottles being found by construction crews here , I often wonder if there being over looked or maybe my area is too rural to have a lot of bottles like there is in major cities

I've sometimes found bottles in ditches when they've been dug out but that's about it

RelicRaker

Reaction score
RCO –
Even in the city it can be hit or miss. A lot of my neighborhood is south of where the city ended in the 1870s, so there were dumps here. But when I talk to work crews digging foundations in other neighborhoods they find nothing. A lot of street and foundation diggers I've met are also bottle collectors. A few even showed me pix of their home displays on their phones.

RCO

Reaction score
RCO –
Even in the city it can be hit or miss. A lot of my neighborhood is south of where the city ended in the 1870s, so there were dumps here. But when I talk to work crews digging foundations in other neighborhoods they find nothing. A lot of street and foundation diggers I've met are also bottle collectors. A few even showed me pix of their home displays on their phones.

its funny that people collect things they find , I doubt any of those diggers were bottle collectors before they got into construction and started to find bottles .

but they started to find bottles and an interest was born

RelicRaker

Reaction score
I doubt any of those diggers were bottle collectors before they got into construction and started to find bottles .

but they started to find bottles and an interest was born
I agree.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Nice Bottles, I'm sure there are lots of Closet Bottle Collectors nobody knows about. Probably many of them in some kind of Construction work ect ect. LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora