Milk bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TimT

Reaction score
I’ve got 2 San Diego not sure of what their value, and history

View attachment 180773 5688EC31-7CCC-4144-90F1-76B641F2FFC0.jpg

Someday I’ll get this right. not MAC FRIENDLY OR I JUST NOT VERY BRIGHT .im going with the latter

RCO

Reaction score
I've always been told milk bottles are only really worth good money in the area where there from , meaning you'd need to find a collector or store in that area who's looking for one

macjxl

Reaction score
That's definitely no the case. I'm a keen collector of amber milk bottles & my collection is from all around the world.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Coloured milks are definitely an exception, as are some other types, but the clear embossed 1930s to 1950s milks like the one posted here are usually only collected in their general area of use. California does seem to be one of the more collectible states though so hopefully this is a good one!

RCO

Reaction score
That's definitely no the case. I'm a keen collector of amber milk bottles & my collection is from all around the world.

amber jugs are clearly harder to find and more unique I'd assume

more referring to more common embossed or acl milk jugs , our antique malls here are pretty much full of them . you could walk around them and see dozens for sale , some at relatively low prices , others more expensive

there was also a huge amount of Toronto milk jugs dug up a few years back when they found the old dumps along waterfront and market is overrun with Toronto jugs and some aren't worth much

anyways my experience is just with the market here , it could be different in other regions , any antique vendors I've ever talked to have said the jugs are worth more in there home city than anywhere else

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
there was also a huge amount of Toronto milk jugs dug up a few years back when they found the old dumps along waterfront and market is overrun with Toronto jugs and some aren't worth much

Do you see a lot of BIM milk jugs flooding the market? I see Toronto sodas appearing for cheap up my way but haven't seen any particularly old Toronto milks and don't see many of any era. I'd like to get a couple of BIM milks, I don't currently have any.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18