came across some Ontario dairy milk caps

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
its that time of the year a local antique store is closing down apparently for good , everything was half off . never really found many bottles there over the years but I noticed they had a couple milk caps and they looked old so I got them fairly cheap .

the metal one is for " crystal dairy Owen Sound limited " says good for 1/2 gal 2% homo milk on back

there is 2 from Lakefield Ontario Dairy , 1 from Ridealgh's dairy - Sarnia

only "local " one is from Windermere Dairy , some of there caps are really common here but I don't recall seeing this design before

might try and resell them or trade them to other collectors if anyone was interested , but might keep the windermere one as its local

PC210002.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I've always liked collecting milk caps! They're a lot more affordable than the bottles are, that's for sure. I've never seen that Windermere cap either, though I see the other two from time to time.

RCO

Reaction score
I've always liked collecting milk caps! They're a lot more affordable than the bottles are, that's for sure. I've never seen that Windermere cap either, though I see the other two from time to time.

there is a windermere cap that is common and seen it for sale before in large numbers but it doesn't look like the one I found

is also an embossed Windermere dairy jug , although I've only seen it once , at a thrift store auction but was in a huge lot and someone paid way more money to win it

what I know about this dairy as it was fairly small and serviced an area of cottages , small hotels/resorts and some farms but doubt it had a huge number of potential customers

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah the common-ness of caps usually has little relation to the size of the dairy, but rather the number of cardboard tubes full of them that someone discovered in storage somewhere. For example the Ottawa Dairy was hugely successful in its day but with the exception of an orange drink their caps are not common at all, while caps from small dairies in the small towns of Kemptville and Vankleek Hill can be found at every antique sale in the area.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky