Punch Dry Limited - Toronto Ont - Art deco soda bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
didn't get this for Christmas , found it at an antique mall in southern Ontario a little while ago, just hadn't posted it yet .

didn't recall seeing it before but is a couple other bottles for Punch dry that seem to be more common , this one is very unique .

it features an embossing of "punch " who according to my research was a british puppet character popular years ago , Toronto at one time was heavily british , now its mostly immigrants from asia and the middle east but when bottle was used it was a majority british city .

according to my book Punch Dry Ltd operated from 1931 - 1935 , then disappeared until the 50's when Punch Dry co and Punch Dry Beverages reappeared and seem to have used an acl bottle . this bottle is clearly from the 30's period of operation

embossed on the front it says " Punch Dry Limited Toronto " contents 6 1/2 fl oz , on very bottom is a PDL logo and a dominion marking

punchdry.jpgpunchdry1.jpg

iggyworf

Reaction score
That's a nice one. What book(s) are you always refering to about these cool Canadian bottles?

RCO

Reaction score
That's a nice one. What book(s) are you always refering to about these cool Canadian bottles?

there is a couple different Ontario bottle books , this one was listed in "the Ontario pop bottlers list 1931-1965 "

it was also mentioned in "Ontario soda water bottles " an older book that came out in 70's

Bixel

Reaction score
That is a less common seen Punch Dry for sure RCO. Have seen a few of those in my travels over the years, but not a ton. Nice piece.

RCO

Reaction score
That is a less common seen Punch Dry for sure RCO. Have seen a few of those in my travels over the years, but not a ton. Nice piece.

that's why I had bought it , hadn't really seen it before . the other punch dry bottles seem to be more common . I'm not sure how long since one has been on ebay as an example but it have to be some time as I can't recall seeing one the last few years

new2bottles

Reaction score
Rare Canadians. Just got Punch, and Orange Deluxe a month or so ago is all. I would say the rarest is Punch, but would welcome advice from others with more expertise. Thankfully, each is in like new condition.

Attachments

• A5176429-09CB-4FAE-B5FF-EC28B12504FD.jpeg
    A5176429-09CB-4FAE-B5FF-EC28B12504FD.jpeg
    386.3 KB · Views: 52

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora