Rideau Bottling co - Smith Falls Ontario

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
That's a cool-looking bottle you have there RCO! So how do you search for glass - digging, diving, yard sales? A combination thereof? BTW, I posted a pic of that mineral water bottle's design back on that other thread - sorry I took so long to answer your query!

RCO

Reaction score
That's a cool-looking bottle you have there RCO! So how do you search for glass - digging, diving, yard sales? A combination thereof? BTW, I posted a pic of that mineral water bottle's design back on that other thread - sorry I took so long to answer your query!

I have found bottles when swimming or digging before , but during the winter limited to antique malls , online listings etc

after I posted that comment I realised it was a St Leon's mineral water bottle , though it might of been from a smaller town instead

JKL

Reaction score
I'm new to this blog. I love it.
I collect pop bottles only. Reside in Kitchener Ontario. I found a similar shape bottle in Cambridge for Norton Drinx Kitchener. Only one I have ever seen. I love Ontario pop bottles and learning the history of the bottler.

IMG_3346.jpgIMG_3349.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
did you find it in the wild or at an antique store ?

I don't have the Norton's bottle but was aware of its existence

if you want to learn about the bottlers , the best way to do so . would be to acquire some bottle books . the Ontario pop bottlers list 1931-1965 has a lot of info . is also some older books from the 70's era and a more recent book on Toronto bottles that came out in 2000's

JKL

Reaction score
Thanks for the book titles. I looked up the Ontario Pop Bottlers list on Amazon but no luck. Very hard to Google the bottlers and find information. The Norton's bottle was a random find at an antique store in Cambridge Ont last October. I rummaged through a few old farm dumps in Northern Ontario having grown up there in the 70's-early 80's. But many came as gifts and flea market/garage sale finds. Currently sitting at 800 bottles. Will start building a catalogue. I have some very nice bottles. I'm not as concerned about values, I just love looking at them.

RCO

Reaction score
Thanks for the book titles. I looked up the Ontario Pop Bottlers list on Amazon but no luck. Very hard to Google the bottlers and find information. The Norton's bottle was a random find at an antique store in Cambridge Ont last October. I rummaged through a few old farm dumps in Northern Ontario having grown up there in the 70's-early 80's. But many came as gifts and flea market/garage sale finds. Currently sitting at 800 bottles. Will start building a catalogue. I have some very nice bottles. I'm not as concerned about values, I just love looking at them.

that's a fairly large collection , farm dumps can sometimes yield some good finds

I can recall there being a couple different antique stores in Cambridge , know there was one downtown and green spot antiques , as well there is a large antique mall ( southworks ) . used to be in an old factory but has moved somewhere else , I haven't been in the new location yet

if you have any bottles your unsure about , post them here and someone might know more about them , if there from Ontario its likely I can find some info on them

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi