Excelsior Soda Works - Hilo Hawaii soda bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
found this before Christmas at a flea market in southern ontario, the seller didn't seem to be a bottle person and had it with some modern coke's , only wanted $5 for it so at that price figured I'd rescue it from the flea market

says "property of Excelsior Soda Works , Hilo Hawaii " on back Net contents 6 1/2 fluid ozs and a big EX on bottom

saw online there are some older Excelsior bottles , this one looks to be from 30's or 40's , really not sure if its worth anything , I'd have to assume a Canadian tourist brought it back from Hawaii as a souvenir then decided they didn't want it and it ended up at flea market

not sure if there are any Hawaii collectors on here , maybe someone knows more about it

HiloHW-excelsoir1.jpgHiloHW-excelsoir2.jpgHiloHW-excelsoir3.jpg

iggyworf

Reaction score
Very nice! I have heard of that co. but don't know anything about them. I would think Hawaii bottle are always collectable and some are even valuable.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Nice one! I've seen Excelsior Hutch bottles posted before, I think they go for quite a decent amount despite not being super rare. I'd definitely have picked that up for $5 as well, I'd like to get a Hawaii bottle in my collection.

TimT

Reaction score
Michael polka has all the info on Hawaiian bottles literally wrote the book on them!
hawaii has really nice whiskeys , medicines, and some of the poison cobalt with Japanese script

RCO

Reaction score
Michael polka has all the info on Hawaiian bottles literally wrote the book on them!
hawaii has really nice whiskeys , medicines, and some of the poison cobalt with Japanese script

there does seem to be a lot of bottles from Hawaii that we don't see often on this site but are interesting , I'd imagine they'd cost more to buy in Hawaii ,

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora