noticed an add online and he needs to sell some bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
Interesting, I don't remember ever seeing those ones before. Though I probably would have passed them up thinking they were British without them having "ONT" on them anyway. I'll definitely remember to keep an eye out from now on!

don't think the Canadian ones come up much , not sure if there are any from Toronto , just feel like I saw one from there but not sure

had a british codd once , it was in an assortment of bottles I had bought at a yard sale but I don't have it anymore as I don't really collect british bottles or codd's in general

but you see british one's in antique stores all the time , and I really wouldn't know which ones are the better ones to look out for

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
No they definitely don't. I remember when I lived in BC I saw one of the dealers who always had very fair prices selling a broken Codd bottle from Nanaimo (with no neck) for $75. I think that's the only time I've ever seen a Canadian Codd in person, though I might have seen one of the ones from Vancouver and forgotten about it.
I think the better British ones are the ones that have coloured marbles or lips, or occasionally the entire bottle is an usual colour. Never seen one of those in person. Apart from that it would just be based off of local demand.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp