noticed an add online and he needs to sell some bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
noticed this add online today , not sure what's going on but seems to state he is moving and needs to sell the bottles in his garage . his prices are actually pretty reasonable at $1-$5 per bottle , although I'm not sure whats still available at this point

although when looking thru I didn't see anything especially rare or that old which is often the problem with this sort of collection , but he does have a wide assortment of 50's-70's sodas from Ontario and quebec , and a large assortment of cans . I see a few interesting items I'd try and pick up myself but I live too far away

perhaps someone can help him out , he appears to be located in Embrun Ontario which is just outside of Ottawa

$_59.jpg$_59x.jpg$_59b.jpg$_59v.jpg$_59n.jpg$_59m.jpg

[h=3]Description[/h]Assorted Pop & Médecin bottles for sale , from 1$ to 5$ they all must go moving and no room for them ! Assorted wood crates from 30$ to 50$ all must go

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collectibles/ottawa/assorted-pop-medicine-bottles/1316261681

RCO

Reaction score
couple more pictures , appears to be in good condition but some items not that old , like these cans

$_59,.jpg$_59k.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Oof I wish I was still in Ottawa, there are some nice ones there! I see a Renfrew Flavours bottle there that's one of the more desirable ACLs from Eastern Ontario. Also maybe some straight-side Coca Cola bottles? The Codds I assume are British but if they're Canadian they'd be fantastic finds. Plus a bunch of other stuff that I'd want to pick up if I had the opportunity.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
There are even some Western bottles there, I see one from Penticton (that I have already) and one from Winnipeg.

RCO

Reaction score
Oof I wish I was still in Ottawa, there are some nice ones there! I see a Renfrew Flavours bottle there that's one of the more desirable ACLs from Eastern Ontario. Also maybe some straight-side Coca Cola bottles? The Codds I assume are British but if they're Canadian they'd be fantastic finds. Plus a bunch of other stuff that I'd want to pick up if I had the opportunity.

the british cods seem to be more common , I rarely see Canadian one's , doesn't seem to be a lot of older bottles in the collection

if your looking for more recent bottles there is some neat ones in the collection

I have no idea whats still available , it appears he tried to sell it as a lot but were no takers then decided to sell individually .

RCO

Reaction score
There are even some Western bottles there, I see one from Penticton (that I have already) and one from Winnipeg.

I didn't see the Penticton bottle , doesn't seem to be any Ottawa bottles other than Pure Spring , unless something is hidden in the mix

its a shame someone went to this much trouble to create such a collection only to have to part with it cause there moving , but bottles take up a lot of room and sometimes they have no choice

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah I can imagine, moving bottles is definitely not easy, especially if you're moving overseas. I can imagine that if I ever permanently moved overseas I'd probably have to sell my collection as well.
I imagine by this point a lot of the good ones are gone, I doubt that anyone would pass up those straight side Cokes (I'm pretty sure that's what they are) for $5 each. Might still be some nice ACLs though.
Yeah there aren't many Canadian Codd bottles to begin with. There are a few from BC and Montreal, not sure if anywhere else ever had them. Pretty sure I've never seen one from Ontario. The few that exist are all very valuable.
No not much from Ottawa there but then again there isn't much out there from Ottawa for that era. Other than the Pure Spring there's only an Uptown bottle which is only technically an Ottawa bottle. There is one from Perth though which isn't far away.

RCO

Reaction score
Yeah I can imagine, moving bottles is definitely not easy, especially if you're moving overseas. I can imagine that if I ever permanently moved overseas I'd probably have to sell my collection as well.
I imagine by this point a lot of the good ones are gone, I doubt that anyone would pass up those straight side Cokes (I'm pretty sure that's what they are) for $5 each. Might still be some nice ACLs though.
Yeah there aren't many Canadian Codd bottles to begin with. There are a few from BC and Montreal, not sure if anywhere else ever had them. Pretty sure I've never seen one from Ontario. The few that exist are all very valuable.
No not much from Ottawa there but then again there isn't much out there from Ottawa for that era. Other than the Pure Spring there's only an Uptown bottle which is only technically an Ottawa bottle. There is one from Perth though which isn't far away.

there is some from Ontario , pretty sure is a couple from Toronto , is some from Hamilton , saw one last summer when a local antique store had some Hamilton bottles but it sold quickly and was gone when I went back a few days later

most of his bottles seem to be from major brands , saw
-coca cola
-pepsi cola
-pure spring
-kist
-Schweppes
- Canada dry
-dr pepper
- mountain dew
- 7 up
- orange crush
- double cola
- pop shoppe
- sprite

but its hard to identify some of the bottles behind the first row or second row , he might have others we can't see

RCO

Reaction score

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Interesting, I don't remember ever seeing those ones before. Though I probably would have passed them up thinking they were British without them having "ONT" on them anyway. I'll definitely remember to keep an eye out from now on!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18