saw a Pure Spring Ginger Ale crate at auction

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
noticed this Pure Spring Ginger Ale crate at a local thrift store auction , looks older and had a date of 53 on the side . was in fairly good condition

unfortuently there wasn't a listing for it in there auction bid book for some reason so not sure what they want for it or if I'd even try and bid or not

also looks like it was for the syrup containers and not the bottles unless the bottles were in six packs and very small , so not sure if it be useful size to store bottles in or not

20180201_115614.jpg20180201_115622.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah that's the 50s logo for sure. Don't think I've ever seen one like that. Oddly I don't remember seeing the Pure Spring cases that often at all, despite how common the bottles are.

RCO

Reaction score
Yeah that's the 50s logo for sure. Don't think I've ever seen one like that. Oddly I don't remember seeing the Pure Spring cases that often at all, despite how common the bottles are.

at this point doubtful I'm going to bid much to try and win it , looking at its design , wouldn't be that great for holding bottles anyways and the stuff in there auctions almost always goes for high prices , which I generally don't pay for these sort of items

but did see a few similar ones online when I searched google images

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah honestly I probably wouldn't either even though I collect stuff from the area. Some stuff just takes up more space than it's worth.

RCO

Reaction score
I've had some good luck at yard sales , and have found some old crates that way .

but I'm not going to pay antique store prices for an old box that is going to sit in the garage and get filled with bottles , at there auction I'm sure it will go for over $20 if not $30 , maybe that's not a bad price but for what I'm using them for its not worth it

RCO

Reaction score
went back and checked the price , it had a few bids and was now at $45 , which is way more than I'd be willing to pay for a soda crate

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi