ever come across an ACL bottle that had been repainted ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
won this bottle in an online auction ( and hadn't seen it in person ) but when I went to pick it up realised it was not in the condition I had first though . some bottles from a local collector have been coming up for sale here , first batch before Christmas and some more this week but a lot of his stuff seems to have issues I've been noticing

fortuently I didn't pay much for it and picked it up in person so didn't pay for shipping . if I had paid more I would of told them to keep it and that I wasn't paying as it wasn't as advertised .

but basically it appears to be a hard to find acl version of a " city dairy " milk jug from Sudbury Ontario , a northern Ontario mining town . seemed to be hard to find so I bid on it and though I had found a good one

but someone has tried to repaint the blue acl , and they didn't even do a good job , lines aren't straight and colour isn't isn't the same level of blue , some spots darker than others , if you look at it up close it looks really bad , from a distance its much harder to notice

now I don't know what to do with it , had planned to resell it but after looking at it , really not sure if its worth anything . and I'm not going to try and resell it to someone else online hoping they don't notice its problems

P2030002.jpgP2030004.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp