Can't Identify these Brown Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Aliuh

Reaction score
Bottles - 52.jpgBottles - 51.jpgBottles - 53.jpg
I've dug up 15 of these bottles and counting, and I can't seem to find out what they were for. One has a brown liquid inside and it smells strong, and very familiar, but for the life of me I can't place it. I was wondering if they were medicine of some nature. All of them say 1936 on the bottom.
Any help would be awesome!

RCO

Reaction score
i'd assume some sort of liquor or tonic but doubt there worth much

Bixel

Reaction score
Have seen a ton of these over the years. I believe I have seen one with a label for a floor or shoe polish, but these were a widely used bottle, probably used for a number of products

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I think they're considered to be one of the last embossed poison bottles, most of the ones I've seen with labels were for toxic household products and medicines. There are less common green and cobalt versions. It's a generic design though so all sorts of different things were put in them, including some non-poisonous products.

Aliuh

Reaction score
That's interesting. Thank you for the information! No wonder I couldn't find a specific name for them.

Last edited:

logueb

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. This bottle reminds me of the McKesson rubbing alcohol bottle. As rubbing alcohol is a poisonous ,the ribbed poison type bottle would make it easy to identify in dim lighting. It could have also have been used for other products by the Mckesson and Robbins company. 15 or more in one spot makes you wonder what it was used for. Buster

Aliuh

Reaction score
Thank you. I think you're probably right. I can't find any that look quite like this one, but the ones I've seen are very similar. We've pulled about six or eight hundred bottles out of this one hole, so it seems to have been a mass dump. XD

Thank you for your help!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora