My Horton Kansas Collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

flint_illustrator

Reaction score
I do a lot of digging in Horton Kansas, a small 1880-1890s town here in NE Kansas. Over the years I've found some really nice drug store bottles and manage to get some of the different sizes of each as well. Here is a picture of my Horton Kansas display. IMG_20180123_195958.jpg

sandchip

Reaction score
Very nice! I know you have to be proud of those.

flint_illustrator

Reaction score
Yes!! I do a lot of digging in Horton. Getting permission is pretty easy when your good friends with the mayor of that town :) He has helped a lot with getting me on places. I have dug him quite the collection of Horton bottles as well. That's the least I can do is give him bottles for getting me on these places. :)

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Fantastic finds! I really like the embossing on the Pohl's bottles, I don't think I've ever seen a pharmacy bottle with embossing like that.

flint_illustrator

Reaction score
Yeah!! That Pohl's bottle has some great embossing! It's totally different then any other Kansas drug store I've seen.

RCO

Reaction score
I don't know if I've ever seen that many drug store bottles from one single small town in the same picture before .
its hard to believe there was that many bottles used in such a small town

the town I live in is bigger than Horton Kansas and I've yet to find an embossed drug store bottle in the wild or even had the chance to buy one . but the town dump is under a parking lot downtown so unless its ever dug it might be hard to find many

Jeff

Reaction score
agree, the highlighted embossing in nice, have never seen any like that from Maine. Nice collection.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora