Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Horton Kansas Collection

I do a lot of digging in Horton Kansas, a small 1880-1890s town here in NE Kansas. Over the years I've found some really nice drug store bottles and manage to get some of the different sizes of each as well. Here is a picture of my Horton Kansas display.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180123_195958.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	181365

Senior Member Bottle Master sandchip's Avatar
    Very nice! I know you have to be proud of those.

Yes!! I do a lot of digging in Horton. Getting permission is pretty easy when your good friends with the mayor of that town He has helped a lot with getting me on places. I have dug him quite the collection of Horton bottles as well. That's the least I can do is give him bottles for getting me on these places.

Senior Member Bottle Master
    Fantastic finds! I really like the embossing on the Pohl's bottles, I don't think I've ever seen a pharmacy bottle with embossing like that.

Yeah!! That Pohl's bottle has some great embossing! It's totally different then any other Kansas drug store I've seen.

Here is a close up of the Pohl's bottle

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171106_124952.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	181371

Senior Member Bottle Master
    I don't know if I've ever seen that many drug store bottles from one single small town in the same picture before .
    its hard to believe there was that many bottles used in such a small town

the town I live in is bigger than Horton Kansas and I've yet to find an embossed drug store bottle in the wild or even had the chance to buy one . but the town dump is under a parking lot downtown so unless its ever dug it might be hard to find many

Senior Member Bottle Master iggyworf's Avatar
    Those are all very nice! I wish I had more time to go and dig.

agree, the highlighted embossing in nice, have never seen any like that from Maine. Nice collection.