Possible Jenny Lind and a few others??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Facts Only

Reaction score
IMG_3912.jpg

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmdMf9AY

nhpharm

Reaction score
The bottles in photo 1 (Jenny Lind), photo 6 (nice early freeblown chestnut flask utility of some kind), and photo 11 (looks like a Scandinavian flask) have some value. The rest of the bottles should go in the recycling bin. The chestnut flask in photo 6 looks to be the best...

iggyworf

Reaction score
Very nice finds! I don't know a lot about these kinds of bottles but the 1st and the 6th ones look like good finds. There are a lot of experts on here to help you out!
Welcome!

Last edited:

nhpharm

Reaction score
The Jenny Lind is original as far as I can see. The GI-107's were the ones that were reproduced. The one pictured here is one of the ones with the full wreath around Jenny and I don't think any of these were reproduced. There were a number of different ones and we would need to see the other side to see exactly which mold this flask is, but it does appear original regardless.

Facts Only

Reaction score
The bottles in photo 1 (Jenny Lind), photo 6 (nice early freeblown chestnut flask utility of some kind), and photo 11 (looks like a Scandinavian flask) have some value. The rest of the bottles should go in the recycling bin. The chestnut flask in photo 6 looks to be the best...

Thanks! I figured those 3 were likely the best of these.

I'll add to what nhpharm has said and that is the JENNY LIND calabash MAY be a reproduction, further investigation will be needed. The chestnut is indeed nice.
Jim S

Did you get a chance to take a look at the link below the picture of the Jenny Lind, I have quite a few more pictures of the bottle. Any idea on its value?

The Jenny Lind is original as far as I can see. The GI-107's were the ones that were reproduced. The one pictured here is one of the ones with the full wreath around Jenny and I don't think any of these were reproduced. There were a number of different ones and we would need to see the other side to see exactly which mold this flask is, but it does appear original regardless.
The link bellow the picture has a good amount more pictures of this bottle. If it truly is an original what sort of a price are these worth?

nhpharm

Reaction score
$75-$100 on the Jenny Lind. The last one of that style I sold went for about $70 plus shipping on eBay.

nhpharm

Reaction score
You are probably right! The chestnut looks like a Wistarberg piece except the lip is wrong. One way or another it is a very nice piece of glass.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown