Burks Falls Ontario dairy cap

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
at the auction one of the bottles I won had this cap in it , didn't realise it until I got home and noticed it .

its for the Burks Falls Dairy - phone 83 , homogenized milk

since I don't really collect milk tokens much I have no idea if its common or un common to find . I'm not really sure how old it is either but would guess 50's or 60's era

don't recall seeing one before , Burks Falls is a small town of maybe 1000 people between Huntsville and North Bay Ontario , know it had a dairy but don't know much about it burksfallsdairycap.jpgburksfallsdairycap1.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
there is also an embossed milk jug from Burks Falls , haven't seen any for sale locally over the years which seems odd as its local to this area . but there was one on ebay a couple years ago and I saved a picture of it

burksfallsdairy.jpgburksfallsdairy1.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen those caps before. Not sure if they're used or not, if they aren't then there are probably at least 48 others out there but if they are they could be quite rare. I like the two-digit phone number!

RCO

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen those caps before. Not sure if they're used or not, if they aren't then there are probably at least 48 others out there but if they are they could be quite rare. I like the two-digit phone number!

really don't know much about this dairy , it operated in the 40's-60's from what I know , Burks Falls would of been fairly small or close to the size it is today , hasn't really grown much over the years , the area around the town is mostly agricultural lands or wood lots , but most of the farms aren't very active today

as to how many customers it would of had when it was operating ? really don't know . never really dug any dumps in that area , have been swimming in the river at burks falls before but only found pop bottles there never any milk jugs

I'd be surprised if it was rare but could be uncommon , at the auction most of the other jugs , seller had used generic "pure milk " caps and some had Huntsville Dairy caps but didn't see any others with Burks Falls dairy

RCO

Reaction score
looked back thru the milk jugs at the auction as the pictures were still online and I had bought the only one with a Burks Falls dairy cap ,

all the others were generic "pure milk " with no town listed , Huntsville dairy or a mixture of dairies from other places , some common and a few others I hadn't heard of

RCO

Reaction score
an update , noticed the auction place was having another auction , no bottles in this lot but is a few milk tokens , several mixed lots of various Ontario milk caps , is some other Burks Falls Dairy in some of them , so the seller appears to have had more of them

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger