Need help with value/selling Antique "Moonshine" Bottle Smiley Face

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dancealot

Reaction score
Hey All,
I dug this bottle out of Leadville CO a couple of years ago. I have found very little information on her and I believe she is very rare.

I am dealing with a family emergency and need funds. Any information on value would be greatly appreciated. I hate to see her go as she is my first "Wow" bottle dug but my son needs my help.

Here is a link to the "Pre-Pro" website with some more info (very limited info).

http://www.pre-pro.com/midacore/view_vendor.php?vid=CVG7237

I am a newbie to bottle digging/collecting and the whole internet forum makes my head spin so I apologize if my post doesn't follow proper etiquette.

Thanks,
Dancealot

Attachments

• Moonshine Bottle Smiling Face #1.jpg
    Moonshine Bottle Smiling Face #1.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

sandchip

Reaction score
It looks tooled top (hand blown) best I can tell from the small picture, but unless there's more embossing other than the happy face like a proprietor/product name and city/state, I don't believe it will carry a whole lot of value unfortunately. I do hope that your family is able to successfully weather your crisis. Welcome aboard and we hope to see more of your finds.

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Looks pretty neat! Hard to guess a value, if it was Western you'd be talking $1k or more. Ohio whiskeys are a lot more common. I would guess at least $100, possibly more for starters.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Is it embossed beyond the happy face on the shoulder? Most of these I have seen have been plain otherwise and have brought very little money unfortunately.

Dancealot

Reaction score
Additional details

Hey Yall,
Thanks for all the info there are so many little details for bottles hopefully it all clicks soon for me lol. Attached are a couple of other pictures with the additional embossing. On one side the word "MOONSHINE" is embossed and on the other side it has "M.F. & C.O."

Attachments

• Moonshine Bottle Smiling Face #4.jpg
    Moonshine Bottle Smiling Face #4.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 210
  • Moonshine Bottle Smiling Face #5.jpg
    Moonshine Bottle Smiling Face #5.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 231

Dancealot

Reaction score
Thank you for the well wishes. Do you happen to know if additional embossing generally means more value? I have a bunch of bottles I just haven't taken the time to look them up. I must admit the internet is a great resource, however I am not much of a screen person and sometimes it seems like it takes days or weeks to find information on bottles. I imagine the learning curve is pretty steep as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora