Lambert Street Dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RelicRaker

Reaction score
Returned to the site—unfortunately no complete bottles. Did find this tho...
Pipe Bowl TD.jpg

stc1993

Reaction score
We have a turn of the century dump site in my city. They built a veterans park & amphitheater there a few yrs back. I got 2 wash tubs full of old bottles. I think some were good finds. I found an old Buffalo Rock soda bottle identical to the old 6 oz cocacola bottles. A lot of old snuff bottles.

RelicRaker

Reaction score
We have a turn of the century dump site in my city. They built a veterans park & amphitheater there a few yrs back. I got 2 wash tubs full of old bottles. I think some were good finds. I found an old Buffalo Rock soda bottle identical to the old 6 oz cocacola bottles. A lot of old snuff bottles.

That's a good haul! I rarely get a whole lot from one site. I think the most was about 30 bottles, all 1875–85. I believe that site had been a dump, back in the day.

Last edited:

stc1993

Reaction score
That's what this place is. It was the old city dump. It was still in use when I moved here 45 yrs ago. The closer to town the better the finds. It's right at a mile long.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Cool doll. I keep all the doll parts I find (even broken parts) and put them in canning jars. They sell like hotcakes around Halloween!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I don't know where you and your dig are located but I would have said that is a classic mid-western style ink bottle. Nice dug item.

Jim G
Did they make burst lip inks in the US? Assuming I'm correct and it's not just badly chipped. I was thinking it was a British ink but I don't remember seeing one in a cone shape before.

Bottlehog

Reaction score
That burst top is more typical of circa 1890-1910 British inks

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu