Jos Leclerc - St Evariste Quebec embossed bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
was searching thru ebay and came across another one of the 8 sided bottles , haven't seen one from Quebec yet so figured I'd share it with the site .

its for " Jos Leclerc - St Evariste " from quebec's eastern township region , don't know much about this bottler . a quebec bottle site says he operated from 1940's-1977's era .

http://lesbouteilleduquebec.com/les-bouteilles-du-quebec-et-leurs-publicites/jos-leclerc-st-evariste/

but its definitely the same style of bottle I have been finding in Ontario fairly often in different places , but I haven't seen one from quebec before which is interesting .

josleclerc-stevaristeQU.jpgjosleclerc-stevaristeQU1.jpg

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/JOS-LECLERC...045554?hash=item3d58df78f2:g:rOgAAOSw9V1aZ~U3

RCO

Reaction score
another picture of bottle I found on another site and a cap for an orange drink

josleclerc-stevaristeQu2.jpguntitled.png

Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
also identified another 8 paneled bottle from quebec when looking thru some quebec bottle sites after I had seen the first bottle

M.Bottling Works - Maskinonge Quebec , a small town outside of montreal along the st Lawrence river , never seen this bottle before either

now that I've identified 2 i'll keep an eye out for any others that might exist from quebec

maskinongebottlingworks1.jpgmaskinongebottlingworks2.jpg

Sitcoms

Reaction score
Hey RCO - managed to find this thread six years later as I just dug up one of these bottles - but mine is from La Gaudeloupe, a village in southeastern Quebec. Did you happen to find anything else about these bottles or Mr. Joseph Leclerc? I haven't gotten a chance to see if I can dig anything up yet.

I'll get you a picture later today when I get the bottle cleaned up.

Sitcoms

Reaction score
Here's my Jos Leclerc - La Guadeloupe after a quick wash. Going to see if a dip in some CLR will clear a bit of the rust and residue marks.

image0 (3).jpeg
image1 (1).jpeg
image3.jpeg
image2 (1).jpeg

The dump this came from can be confidently dates between a few years following WWII (~1945-1947) and the early-mid 1960s (about 1962-63 when it was capped). This bottle was found in a section I was finding liquor bottles with date codes from about 1959-1962.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky