Yippy skippy!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DIGGER DAVE

Reaction score
Bottle dumps always have metal in them. As for the playground if it is next to a historic building or a school go at it. Kids have been going to school with milk money in their little pockets for a long time !! Just watch out for the over protective father like me who wont much appreciate your presence at the bottom of his kids slide!!!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi diggerbryan, i did some metal detecting a nunber of years ago. don't know what i did with a lot of what i found since i moved. i have a new one now. havn't use it to much yet. hope to tho. i did find a few of the coins i found, the oldest are a 1914 and 1919 penny. good luck, hope you find lots of neat things. rhona

179DE3D3DA7D4B2785CA8E578F4972D4.jpg

Attachments

• 179DE3D3DA7D4B2785CA8E578F4972D4.jpg
    179DE3D3DA7D4B2785CA8E578F4972D4.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 85

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Sorry I'm late replying I went to a TON of garage sales on the Lincoln Highway today. Thanks for all the replies guys/gals. I didn't realize there were so many people here who metal detect.

Rhona- those are some nice finds. I'm still finding new coins but I haven't really hit any old places yet. I'm gonna hit a one room school house that dates back to the 1800's tomorrow. Wish me luck!

On another note.... I picked up a Garrett GTA 350 today at a garage sale for $20.00. It came with headphones too. I don't know what I need to detectors for but hey, I figured for $20.00.

Bottleman

Reaction score
Bryan, I also metal detect along with the bottle digging hobby. I own a Garrett 550 but looking around on the internet, your Minelab would have to be the next type I would get. That brand has great depth and pretty accurate readings. I have found some silver coins but not too many but I have found a bunch of wheat pennies. It’s so much fun pulling a coin out of the hole even if it is just a clad. It’s a lot easier to find a valuable bottle than a coin in the ground but it’s just fun digging down and seeing a round circle!

~~Tom

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94