H.O. Orange - Hull & Ottawa soda bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
came across this bottle last week when I was looking thru a quebec bottle site , never seen the bottle and didn't even know it existed . I tried to contact the site owner for more info but didn't get a reply .

from the 2 pictures , can clearly see its a 30's-40's era art deco bottle , made by consumers glass that was used in other Canadian cities but I was unaware there was ever one used in Ottawa area

says H.O. Orange , Hull & Ottawa , Limited ? ( but cannot read company name ) which is unfortunate as I can't look it up in book and is no listing for Hull Ottawa orange

so hit a brick wall in terms of my research and unable to find any other info on bottle or company that used it , but assuming its a fairly uncommon bottle to find

HOorange-hullottawa.jpg HOorange-hullottawa1.jpg

http://lesbouteilleduquebec.com/les-bouteilles-du-quebec-et-leurs-publicites/h-o-orange/

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Oh cool! I've been through that site before but somehow missed that one, I had no idea it existed either. Must be pretty uncommon for me to have never even seen a shard of one before. Always interesting to see that there are still new ones to find.

RCO

Reaction score
Oh cool! I've been through that site before but somehow missed that one, I had no idea it existed either. Must be pretty uncommon for me to have never even seen a shard of one before. Always interesting to see that there are still new ones to find.

there seems to be a couple different sites that focus on Quebec bottles , I'm not sure if there related or just individual collectors showing off there finds

I've seen this design of bottle being used all over Ontario and even in western Canada but never in quebec or city of Ottawa .

its too bad the pictures are unclear and I can't read the other side of the bottle , if we knew who the exact bottler was , might be able to determine more about it and exactly what years it was used , but most of the other examples I've seen used in other cities were during 30's and 40's , so its likely from that era and likely used by a smaller lesser known bottler

RCO

Reaction score
in Ontario I've seen this design used in Northern Ontario ( Hearst and Sudbury )

and southern Ontario ( Barrie , Brantford , Kitchener , Lindsay , Toronto , Welland )

and eastern Ontario ( Cornwall , Port Hope ) , western Canada ( Saskatoon )

but never knew of one from Hull /Ottawa area until now so its an interesting discovery for sure

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac