New to the forum and I have a question about cleaning Mason jars

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

beemer

Reaction score
Hello,
First let me say thank you for looking at my question and allowing me to post. My wife and I purchased a house approximately 11 years ago that is filled with all sorts of bottles and jars. I am trying to sort through and clean them and I am looking for advice on good scrub brushes for the inside of mason jars and other jars and other advice on cleaning. I am also wondering if there are preferred shipping methods for antique bottles. I am a collector of cast iron skillets and I know that we have particular ways we prefer to ship. I am hoping to catalog, learn about and possibly sell the some of what we have, mostly Mason jars. Again, thank you very much for your consideration and help.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Be careful with the scrub brushes...make sure the ones you get have coated wire rather than the bare wire most have as that will scratch the neck of the bottle. For Mason jars I use a heavy duty coated wire with the end bent back and a sponge (or similar). Soak the bottles before washing and they will clean up pretty quickly. I ship using USPS Priority Mail (or if I can get the item below 16 ounces, first class package)...you can order Priority Mail boxes online and they have some sizes that work well for various jars and so forth. I buy large quantities of bubble wrap on eBay cheap so I can wrap the bottle extensively.

beemer

Reaction score
Hello, thanks for the answer. Do you have a link or picture of the one you use? Thanks again.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac