Embossed Coca Cola in rich 7-up Green ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
This embossed 7-up green Coca Cola continues to stump all of the Coke collectors who have seen it in hand. It is absolutely genuine and has been tested for dye colorization with razor test, acetone and acid testing, etc. and shows no indication of being nuked, heated, or artificially colored. I am curious to know if any Coca Cola collectors have ever seen another in this color and type. What other colors besides clear and the usual "Coke Green" have you seen these early 60s type embossed Coca Cola colors in ? Being a collector of glass insulators also, this bottle does tend to raise some eyebrows when it is displayed among a grouping of 7-up green insulators.

Attachments

• Green Coke Embossing.jpg
    Green Coke Embossing.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 255
  • Full Shot.jpg
    Full Shot.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 236
  • Date Mark.jpg
    Date Mark.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 242
  • Base.jpg
    Base.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 241
  • DSCN0717.jpg
    DSCN0717.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 258
  • DSCN1721.jpg
    DSCN1721.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 257

iggyworf

Reaction score
I have never seen one in person but have in other pics. I think it is legit. Nice!

logueb

Reaction score
I've collected Coca Cola bottles for over 50 years. This one is a new one to me. This appears to be a reproduction of some sort. The base is similar to the 1989 reproduction of the 1923 "Christmas" coke with the ridges around the base. The date/ mold numbers 62-11 seems to large. I usually have trouble making these numbers out. Also, there is no town embossed on the base. Does this bottle feel lighter than a regular embossed bottle from this era? It does appear to be a legit Coca Cola Bottle but appears to be newer , to me. I have soda bottles in this color, but not in a Coca Cola. May I ask how you came across this one? Great bottle and would love to have one to add to my collection. Actually, I have no idea on this bottle. Buster

Nactex

Reaction score
The "6 1/2oz" US Patent Office, Contents 6 1/2 fl oz, were produced from about 1958-1965.Hence the "62" date code. It was the last embossed Coca Cola bottle produced before they were all ACL. The only exception was the 1989 reproduction Christmas bottle which was marked either 89 or 9.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum