My day at the mud flats with coldwater diver

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

riverdiver

Reaction score
Had my first experience digging for bottles in a tidal mudflat with coldwater diver last week. Only found one intact bottle and it is a tiny 1-1/4" flask, looks like a perfume or sample bottle with a checkered pattern in the glass. Also recovered a marble, Victorian Brooch and two early necks, one from an onion bottle and the other I thought from a chestnut but on closer inspection of the swirls in the glass maybe it was a Midwestern.

Attachments

• NH mud flat shards 2-26 18.jpg
    NH mud flat shards 2-26 18.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 305
  • Victorian Brooch.jpg
    Victorian Brooch.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 291
  • orange white marble 2018.jpg
    orange white marble 2018.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 290

Harry Pristis

Reaction score

That outing must have been fun. That little diamond-pattern bottle would look good with my tiny collection of such bottles. Sell? Trade?
flasktrio.jpg

sandchip

Reaction score
Hard to say from the transition to the shoulder facing front, but the piece on the left looks like possibly a shaft and globe. What an amazing spot with the age, variety and rarity of the stuff to come out of there!

riverdiver

Reaction score
Thanks sandchip, the variety of finds is amazing, every time the tide goes out fresh stuff is to be eyeballed or dug. I wanted to dive it during high tide until I found out this is one of the City of Portsmouth's sewage overflow spots during high rains, might make for some stinky digging and I am no friend of the finless brown trout...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora