Felix "the cat " acl Ginger ale bottle Vancouver BC

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
was searching around ebay today and I saw this bottle had sold a couple weeks back , though it was really interesting so figured I'd share it . however the winning bidder had paid almost $50 plus shipping for it even though it has some wear to the cat image

don't know that much about it , says its for "Felix " ginger ale bottled by Felix bottlers ltd Vancouver BC , I have no idea how rare the bottle is , haven't seen one before myself

Felix the cat was a popular cartoon character according to wikipedia so not sure how it ended up on a ginger ale bottle

felix-vancouverBC7oz.jpgfelix-vancouverbc7oz1.jpg
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/VTG-Felix-G...011387?hash=item48a93d49bb:g:GpQAAOSw3tpalfiY

iggyworf

Reaction score
Never seen it before but I like that one a lot. Must be a good one if the person paid up for it in that condition.

RCO

Reaction score
Never seen it before but I like that one a lot. Must be a good one if the person paid up for it in that condition.

I hadn't seen it before either which was why I posted it ( although I had seen other felix bottles but not a small 7 oz one ) ,

likely would of been worth more if label was in better condition . a lot of black ink around the cat is missing

Canadacan

Reaction score
It's fairly rare, another one of Canada's early ACL's this one dates to 1938. Despite the condition I think the buyer got a great deal. There is also a very rare quart that I only got a glimps of.
Anyways that particular bottle with complete paint will go for as much as $360 cad. I have several quarts and a tough tray...also the very sought after paper label version of that ACL, plus several photographs of other rarely seen Felix bottles.

I believe this was posted by me a couple years back on here, note the tray mentions 'Club Sodas' ...that in a paper label would be considered extremely rare!

Felix-border.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
1938 , that is early for an acl , I didn't realise it was that old

I have no idea what its worth , but agree it would of been worth more if entire cat image was in better condition

there is a quart of this same design ? or a quart bottle from felix with a different design

anyways I've never seen any of these bottles for sale in Ontario , only seen them online

Canadacan

Reaction score
The design on the rare quart is very similar except it has a white square background on clear glass, then there are two quarts that are different all together, one green and the other clear.
My paper label is dot reversed stamped on the label...1936.

iggyworf

Reaction score
Love that tray and bottle. Felix was one of my favorite cartoon's as a kid.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora