Dr. JC Bouge Sherman, TX

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

aerainier

Reaction score
Found this bottle today in Post Oak Creek, in Sherman, TX. Went looking for fossils, shark teeth specifically and while I found quite a few of them, this glass bottle has me more excited than anything I found.

Some quick research tells me JC Bouge bottled CocaCola in the early 1900s, 1907-1914 I believe. I believe in 1914, Bouge sold his plant to someone else so I believe this bottle to be before 1914, unless the new bottler and owner continued to use JC Bouge on the bottles.

I saw another post showing a similar bottle, but the bottom of mine has 1502 on the bottle of the bottle as opposed to Sherman, TX.

Just trying to identify the year etc.

Attachments

• bottle.jpg
    bottle.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 188
  • 1502.jpg
    1502.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 210
  • bottle2.jpg
    bottle2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 211

RickNC

Reaction score
I don't have any info on your bottle but also hunt fossils which is how I got into bottle collecting.

aerainier

Reaction score
I don't have any info on your bottle but also hunt fossils which is how I got into bottle collecting.

Yeah, I actually collect bricks and now want to start collecting bottles as well. My wife is not happy!

aerainier

Reaction score
Good to know! Thank you!

I have found a few bottles similar, but none of them had the 1502 on the bottom of the bottle. I wonder if it was a sample bottle made or maybe a different type of soda. Might have to do some local research in the Sherman area and see if anyone knows.

Thanks again.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora