Miniature Coca-Cola Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Took dog for a walk in the countryside. Found several tiny Coke bottles scattered about no more than 2" high and about the width of a nickel. Looks like someone dropped them or threw them out of a car. Some have markings on the bottom, for example one had a Diamond with a capital D. Don't think they are big enough to mix a drink with, don't seem like they would even hold an ounce. Anyone know what they would be used for? Are they common, worth anything? If I can figure out how to send pic I will.

Exactly like this one I found on Ebay...Guy on that site wants 10 bucks for one. I found 85 on my walk. 2 ½ inches high

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
85, wow! I wonder how so many got to the same place. I believe they were some sort of promotional toy that came in a little wooden crate with little caps and contents that may or may not have been real Coke. Not sure of the exact circumstances surrounding them or if they always came in the little crate.

RCO

Reaction score
I'm not sure of there exact value but I think there fairly common , so I'd doubt they'd be worth a lot . have 1 that I've had for years and not sure where I originally got it

Reaction score
85, wow! I wonder how so many got to the same place. I believe they were some sort of promotional toy that came in a little wooden crate with little caps and contents that may or may not have been real Coke. Not sure of the exact circumstances surrounding them or if they always came in the little crate.

Went back today to where the 85 were found. Looked around much closer and found parts of a smashed up wooden box with a note that said "XXX* coke bottles" (a number). Picked up 10 more good bottles and found a number that were broken. So now I'm up to 95 unbroken.

*I'm withholding some info just in case I hear of a local claim to them, maybe a note at the post office or attached to a telephone pole, or maybe word of mouth. I figure only a person with direct knowledge would know the exact amount indicated on the note.

In the bottle collecting world, do collectors adopt the "finders keepers" philosophy?

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
In the bottle collecting world, do collectors adopt the "finders keepers" philosophy?
It's not a question that comes up often as generally speaking the original owners of the bottles we collect a. did not want the bottles anymore and b. have been dead for decades. In your case I would definitely return them to the owner if someone had lost them recently and wants them back. They don't have a huge amount of value because even though they can sell for $5-10 each, the demand is fairly small and it would take years to sell off that many. I have no idea what someone would be doing with over a hundred miniature Coke bottles or where they would have even gotten that many of them.

American

Reaction score
I have a few "King Size" miniature cokes with white enameled lettering. They are a bit thinner than yours, have a exact scale metal crown lid and have what looks to be coke inside of them. They were advertising pieces for when Coca-Cola introduced the 12 OZ king size in the 60's. I have never been able to determine how common or scarce they are. I actually brought them to the Coke Museum in Atlanta and they had none of them on display, although it looked like they had everything else. I asked one of the people there and they said they had never seen one, but I don't think they were experts.
At any rate, I looked at the one on eBay and noticed the shipping for it was about $12 (more than the little bottle)

sunrunner

Reaction score
worth 3.00 buck. there's a few of them around . I dig them up time to time . 1930 to 1950s.

Mr. Hemingray

Reaction score
These tiny bottles were whimsies, like salesman samples or promotional item. I have seen them before and they DID have tiny amounts of Coke in them with tiny steel caps. Almost impossible to find them with the original contents still in them. Pepsi made these too, but the bottles were a bit bigger.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
These tiny bottles were whimsies, like salesman samples or promotional item. I have seen them before and they DID have tiny amounts of Coke in them with tiny steel caps. Almost impossible to find them with the original contents still in them. Pepsi made these too, but the bottles were a bit bigger.
I don't think it's THAT difficult to find the Canadian ones with contents. I've definitely seen them before as well, and I'm pretty sure I've seen them more than once. There seemed to have been a huge number of these ones distributed in Canada. I'm not sure I ever remember seeing a Pepsi version, maybe we didn't get those.

jarhead67

Reaction score
Not familiar with those so are they glass or plastic? I seem to remember when I was a kid, there was a wax shaped bottle you would get on the candy shelf that had a twist off tab top and came in a few different soda flavors. Or you would just chomp down on the wax bottle and have the contents explode into your mouth.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi